9/29/08

In the Crib

In the Crib
In the Crib,
originally uploaded by marniduffy.
The girls are napping now, and I am hanging out, working on my wool vest. I decided to put some ruffles in it, hopefully it'll look good. I have never done this before, so of course I pinned them all in place in the wrong direction.
Fern is in Danger Baby phase: crawling to cords and stairs and putting things in her mouth that she'll choke on, pulling herself up onto chairs, etc. I forgot how exhausting this phase is! But at the same time, she is more content, and gosh those thighs are edible. I am really enjoying the girls lately.
"For out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks." Matthew 12:34
The other night, Tray lovingly told me that I have been complaining a lot lately. It was hard to hear. But, I feel like it has helped me look at the words coming out of my mouth, at least with regards to complaining. The first day was really hard not to blurt things out and feel entitled to complain, but once I worked through that entitlement, I felt like God was meeting me where I was at and giving me the ability to move on. I am still working with it, but I feel so much more positive this last week. I don't want that negative poison spewing to others from my mouth, and I certainly don't want it in my heart.

2 comments:

  1. mmm, thats super encouraging to hear! I need to be reminded more often to think about what is coming out of my mouth.

    Thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love some ruffles!

    great post throughout, marni.

    ReplyDelete