5/17/08

Philippians

Philippians 2:14-16: " Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe as you hold out the word of life-in order that I may boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor for nothing."
this life is hard. i'm seeing that I need to have a better attitude about my struggles. Instead of immediately asking, "Why me?", I need to ask, "What do you want me to learn, Lord? Please give me what I need to make it through this struggle, and give me wisdom."
My friend and I started reading Philippians together and getting together to pray each week (or as close to that as possible!). I have been struggling with such a bad attitude these past couple of months.
I am not fixed. I am still being disrespectful to my husband and treating my girls like burdens at certain moments. But I am not dwelling in my negativity for so long and I see that this darkness is truly just a little cloud, that this phase WILL pass. I want to be refined and sharpened. I want to be willing to hear what God is trying to show me and teach me. I want to be a gentle and humble person. I want to be respectful and submissive to my husband. I want to be a mother who guides and teaches and disciplines her daughters in order to align their hearts with God.
In lighter news, I have been sewing and knitting a tiny bit (more so knitting as when I have time to do anything, there is usually a child asleep in the studio room). I knit my first wool soaker (wool diaper cover) and I learned a new technique for freehand machine embroidery. I feel inspired in a whole new way with that! I made my nephew a cool llama onesie and it turned out awesome!
We're about to head to the Trenton Avenue Arts Festival and the Kensington Kintetic Sculpture Derby. I hope it's fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment