1/6/10

Swimming

Last night, as we waited for the news that Fern was discharged from the hospital, Sage and I went swimming. Being in water makes me feel like I am 4 years old again, it is such a freeing activity for me.

My mom taught my brothers and I how to swim when we were babies. I swam before I walked! She would take us swimming all the time when we were growing up, and she was always an active participant in our fun. I remember a game we used to play that we called 'Washing Machine'. My mom would vigorously swish one of us around as the 'clothes', we would sing the song, and the other kid had to hold onto the wall and kick their legs as if they were the bubbles!

I love taking Sage and Fern swimming. I feel I am honoring my mom, and I feel her spirit with us.


This was taken on the cruise boat on the Yangtze River.

1 comment:

  1. marni,
    that is a great memory of your mom- and I can't believe that you were swimming before you walked!! That is amazing! I am enrolling my kids in swimming lessons this week, my 5 1/2 year old is still scared to put his head under water, even after lots of pool and lake time in the summer (sigh!)
    Anyway, I am glad your little one is well, I am sure that was really scary for you, after all you went through with your mom. You are in my thoughts and prayers often

    ReplyDelete