9/23/10

Diaper bag and sleep sack

I have loved Novita's blog for a long time, and finally made a bag from her free reversible bag tutorial. I have been resisting the notion of carrying a diaper bag, kind of bitter about having to carry clothes, diapers and wipes with me at all times again. But, after making this bag, I feel like it's large enough to carry what I need, and pretty cute too.
I made a couple of adjustments to it: I made the pink side with a zipper pocket, I put a key fob (why are they called that?) for my keys, and I put a three section open pocket area on the denim side. It was pretty easy to construct, even with all my added stuff. I will say that turning the bag right side out was more difficult because of the zipper, so next time I'll leave more room for turning it out.
Fabric is Ikea print and a denim from my stash.
VeryPurplePerson reversible bag
My friend Constance commissioned me to make a sleep sack for her son. I made one, but it was a bit too short, so I made a second one. I learned a lot about drafting and making creations, as always. She is choosing between the two for which one she prefers. Here is a photo of the second one, which I made the separating zipper start at the top and go to the bottom. Again, another Ikea print with a cotton flannel from the dead stock factory:
Sleep sack

1 comment:

  1. super cute! i've been thinking i'd like to try my hand at making another sleep sack for my son...

    ReplyDelete