9/1/10

Bear Claw

My sister-in-law asked me to make a t-shirt for her friends' baby a while ago. I procrastinated. I don't really have patterns for every size shirt, so I knew I'd have to draft the shirt, make the shirt, design the embroidery design she wanted (a bear claw), and do that. Finally, I cut the pieces for the shirt, using a 12 month onesie as the guide, and then two days ago I finally designed and did the embroidery and assembled the shirt. I was surprised that nothing catastrophic happened with the assembly, usually when I am doing a one-of-a-kind item, I always mess it up and have to figure out how to rectify the situation. I also had to learn how to do the machine embroidery on my mom's machine, as I sold my old one. That was very smooth, even with specialty thread. Berninas are pretty incredible.
So here's a picture of the shirt, it's about a 12 month size, but nice and long. I always hated when t-shirts drifted up on my little ones when they started crawling/walking, so this will be long enough to tuck into a skirt or shorts.
Bear claw t-shirt

No comments:

Post a Comment