6/2/11

Nursing

My eldest daughter, S, is turning 5 in a few weeks. I have been pregnant or breastfeeding for almost 6 years.
I am glad that I've nursed my babies, but it is times like now, amidst a clogged milk duct, that I resent it. I've been under the weather for 2 days now, and taking echinacea, vitamin C, my usual vitamin/immune system supplements (green based prenatal vitamin, probiotics, vitamin D drops, and astragalus). I'm trying to drink a ton of water, massage, apply potato compresses and warm ginger compresses. I'm nursing in all kinds of weird positions, nuff said on that. I'm still wiped out and on the verge of tears and impatient with feeling sick. Oh, and the baby has another ear infection (which may have been why he wasn't nursing well on the side of my infection). Oh and it was 90-something degrees yesterday (heat index of 100, the city closed school early).
I think I'm going to go find a funny Netflix movie and veg out.
Have you had a breast infection/clogged duct?
In happy news, boy is crawling and scooting and pulling himself up on everything! What a ball of edible cuteness, here with his friend Milo:
Milo and Ryder
ps: didn't my hunk of a husband do a good job on that floor!?!?! Ignore that trim in the background, it'll all be painted soon.

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the compliment

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had three breast infections all within the first seven months of Maple's life, all of which I had to go on antibiotics for. Plus, several clogged ducts in between all of those infections. You already know this, but after my last breast infection, Maple boycotted the side it was on, and my milk production on that side came to a screeching halt. Even though nursing has been hard at times, and my boobs are more lopsided than I ever imagined possible, I am SO grateful that I have been able to provide for her, with only one breast. She is 14 months old, and still nursing. I dread the day we wont share those moments anymore.

    ReplyDelete